Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Reaching out

Hi all,
I think this is a wonderful idea. I so enjoyed reading the postings from everyone. It was especially nice to hear from Sean and Keith. I also enjoyed all the photos and think I've mastered the new handshake already girls.
I keep busy working with my vintage and antique items. I try to go to a least 1 auction every two weeks. I have 3 booths and 1 showcase to keep stocked at the The Old General Store in Hampden. I have always liked older furniture, jewelry and linens and feel lucky to be able to do what I enjoy so much.

Thanksgiving was great. It is always wonderful to see everyone. I want to send out a big Thank You to everyone for the help cooking, baking, setting up and the best dishwashers (Claude, Tom & Brian) Maine has to offer. Watching the little ones makes any day special and I am glad to not only know all their names, but to recconize them. It will be great fun to watch them grow in body, mind and spirit as the Thanksgivings add up.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season; Polly


3 comments:

Brian said...

Hi Polly,

You summed up all of our feelings perfectly, I am sure. I bet you get the same feeling I do, a feeling that reminds me of when we were young and we all met, either at Christmas on Seventh Street or at our family reunions in the summer. It is odd, but rewarding, to be the "big" (okay old) folks now. We are the Grammies and Aunt Christines and the Uncle Dougs, etc.,tough footsteps to follow but such mighty and loving ones to have as our guide.

Take care and take some time for yourself during this busy holiday season.

Love,
Carol

Carol McKenna said...

By the way, you may have noticed that I signed in previously as Brian, but now I have my own identity!

Kathy & Tim McLeod said...

Hi All -
I'm going to post a picture of Christmas at Seventh Street from 1968. It's a hoot!
Kathy